Amendment status: Approval under consideration
Public exhibition of this amendment has now concluded. The Exhibition period was conducted from 7 July to 10 August 2020. Council has now adopted this amendment at an ordinary Council meeting held on 14 September 2020. Final approval of this amendment will now be considered by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
This amendment proposes to change existing planning controls to allow for the storage of potable (drinkable) water at 1665A Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell, instead of the currently permitted recycled water storage. The amendment will also extend the time to commence and complete works, as well as update redundant planning controls.
Specifically, this amendment seeks to:
- Amend the existing Incorporated Document ‘Mount Cottrell Class A Recycled Water Storage Facility’, March 2015, specifically to remove the reference to recycled water and extend the expiry date to allow greater time for the commencement of use and development;
- Delete the Public Acquisition Overlay Schedule 9 (PAO9) from the land;
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 45.01 Public Acquisition Overlay to remove reference to PAO9 Western Water Corporation – Recycled Water Storage Facility;
- Amend Planning Scheme Maps 13 and 12 PAO to remove reference to PAO9;
- Introduce the Specific Controls Overlay to the Melton Planning Scheme;
- Apply the Specific Controls Overlay to the land to replace the provisions currently contained under Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions.
- Amend the Schedule to the Specific Controls Overlay to identify the ‘Mount Cottrell Water Storage Facility’, February 2020 Incorporated Document;
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions to delete reference to land at 1665 Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell (Lot 3 on Plan of Subdivision LP141929) Mount Cottrell Class A Recycled Water Storage Facility, Incorporated Document March 2015;
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions to delete reference to land at 1665 Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell (Lot 3 on Plan of Subdivision LP141928) Water for a Growing West Project Incorporated Document, July 2014 as this does not apply to the land.
- Amend Schedule to Clause 72.03 What does this planning scheme consist of?;
- Amend the title of the Incorporated Document included in the Schedule to Clause 72.04 Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme;
The amendment was authorised for exhibition under Section 20(2) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 requiring limited notification to adjoining landowners and referral authorities only.
You may also inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) website.
Should you have any questions regarding this amendment, or require assistance with lodging your submission, please contact Karl Sass, Strategic Planner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 9747 7119.
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available on its website for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment(s) comes into operation or lapses.
Submissions made to this amendment can be viewed below.
Submissions are part of an open public process and full submissions are available to inspect on request. Documents and submissions to this amendment has been made available for the purpose of the planning process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The information must not be used for any other purpose. By requesting a copy of this document you acknowledge and agree that you will only use the document for the purpose specified above and that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
For more information please call our City Strategy Team on 9747 7200 or email: email@example.com