Amendment status: Gazetted
The Minister for Planning has now approved Amendment C218 to the Melton Planning Scheme.
The Exhibition period was from 7 July to 10 August 2020. Council adopted the amendment at an ordinary Council meeting held on 14 September 2020.
This amendment changed planning controls to allow for the storage of potable (drinkable) water at 1665A Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell, instead of the previously permitted storage of recycled water. The amendment also extended the time to commence and complete works, as well as update redundant planning controls.
Specifically, this amendment:
- Amends the existing Incorporated Document ‘Mount Cottrell Class A Recycled Water Storage Facility’, March 2015, specifically to remove the reference to recycled water and extend the expiry date to allow greater time for the commencement of use and development;
- Deletes the Public Acquisition Overlay Schedule 9 (PAO9) from the land;
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 45.01 Public Acquisition Overlay to remove reference to PAO9 Western Water Corporation – Recycled Water Storage Facility;
- Amends Planning Scheme Maps 13 and 12 PAO to remove reference to PAO9;
- Introduces the Specific Controls Overlay to the Melton Planning Scheme;
- Applies the Specific Controls Overlay to the land to replace the provisions currently contained under Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions.
- Amends the Schedule to the Specific Controls Overlay to identify the ‘Mount Cottrell Water Storage Facility’, February 2020 Incorporated Document;
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions to delete reference to land at 1665 Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell (Lot 3 on Plan of Subdivision LP141929) Mount Cottrell Class A Recycled Water Storage Facility, Incorporated Document March 2015;
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 51.01 Specific Sites and Exclusions to delete reference to land at 1665 Mount Cottrell Road, Mount Cottrell (Lot 3 on Plan of Subdivision LP141928) Water for a Growing West Project Incorporated Document, July 2014 as this does not apply to the land.
- Amends Schedule to Clause 72.03 What does this planning scheme consist of?;
- Amends the title of the Incorporated Document included in the Schedule to Clause 72.04 Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme;
The amendment was authorised for exhibition under Section 20(2) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 requiring limited notification to adjoining landowners and referral authorities only.
You may inspect the amendment, free of charge at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) website.
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available on its website for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment(s) comes into operation or lapses.
Submissions are part of an open public process and full submissions are available to inspect on request. Documents and submissions to this amendment has been made available for the purpose of the planning process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The information must not be used for any other purpose. By requesting a copy of this document you acknowledge and agree that you will only use the document for the purpose specified above and that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
One submission was received during the Exhibition period which is available to view below:
If you have any questions regarding this amendment please call our City Strategy Team on 9747 7200 or email: email@example.com