Customer Service Charter
A vibrant, safe and liveable City, accessible to all.
Nurture the aspirations of our community, promote respectful relationships and support growth through engagement, excellence, and inclusion.
At Melton City Council, our organisational values are embedded in our culture and prescribe core ethics and behaviours expected of our employees.
Our Values are reflected in everything we do: our decision making, our actions and our service provision to the community.
- We will be positive, respectful and friendly when engaging with you.
- We will be empathetic, seeking to understand the issue at hand.
- We will be solutions focused, seeking positive outcomes at all times.
- We will exercise initiative to resolve your issue.
- We will communicate clearly and honestly.
- We will be flexible in meeting individual needs.
- We will actively develop our skills and knowledge to better assist our community.
- We will be fair in decision making, consistent with applicable legislation and Council policy.
- We will make information and policies readily available and easily understood.
- We will establish reasonable timeframes according to individual circumstances.
- We will enact a fair complaint resolution process.
- We will seek and act upon customer feedback to improve.
Your commitment to us
To ensure we can fulfill our charter, we require your commitment to work with us in an honest, respectful, cooperative and courteous manner.