Customer Service Commitments
Council has adopted a range of service level standards to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of community services in a transparent and responsible manner.
These standards help inform community members of what they can expect when dealing with Council.
- audit every registered domestic animal business annually to ensure compliance with relevant codes of practice.
- initiate investigation into complaints of dog attacks against people or animals within 24 hours of a report being received.
- process new dog and cat registration applications within five (5) working days of an application and payment being received.
- attend to any livestock complaints which have resulted in trespass onto Council controlled Land or Roads immediately the report has been received by Council.
We will commence investigation:
- of safety related maintenance requests for council buildings within one (1) working day of a request.
- for all other maintenance requests for council buildings within five (5) working days of a request.
We will endeavour to:
- provide property information certificates within five (5) working days of an application being received.
- provide copies of building plans and permits within seven (7) working days of an application being received. Copies may not be available for properties over 40 years old.
- process applications for dispensations to building regulations within 15 statutory days of a complete application being received.
- commence investigations into complaints/concerns relating to dangerous buildings and unfenced pools or spas within two (2) working days of a complaint being received.
- assess and initiate appropriate action for complaints/concerns relating to building works/matters within ten (10) working days.
- will promote client’s opportunity to maximise their capacity and quality of life through being client-centred and providing opportunities for each client to be actively involved in addressing their goals.
- will recognise and support people with diverse needs and ensure that all clients have equity of access to services and that support is accessible, appropriate and free from discrimination.
- will ensure choice and flexibility is optimised for each client, their carers and families.
- will link service support to assist vulnerable clients with complex care needs to access a range of aged care and other services.
- will action incoming referrals within three (3) business days.
- are open and transparent about our processes.
- will provide accurate and up to date information, in a format you need, when you need it.
We will remove:
- offensive graffiti in public areas, or areas that are visible to the public and not within private property within 48 hours of receiving a request (subject to accessibility).
- graffiti in public areas, or areas that are visible to the public and not on private property within ten (10) days of receiving a request (subject to accessibility).
- offensive graffiti within private property within 48 hours days of receiving consent from the property owner or occupier (subject to accessibility).
- graffiti from private property within ten (10) days of receiving consent from the property owner or occupier (subject to accessibility).
- inspect and make safe dangerous footpaths in accordance with Council’s Road Management Plan.
- undertake an Asset Protection Permit inspection within five (5) working days of lodgement of an Asset Protection Permit.
Drainage and Cleansing
- remove roadside rubbish and litter within 3 working days of a request being received.
- remove dead animals from Council roads and paths within one (1) working day of a report being received.
- remove fallen branches and trees from Council roads and paths within one working day of a report being received (immediate action if it presents a safety hazard).
- remove debris or rubbish from a road or road shoulder where it presents a safety hazard to traffic, within one working day of a report being received.
- investigate blocked council owned drains and pits within two (2) working days if it is a hazard to the public, otherwise ten (10) working days of a report being received.
- inspect and make safe missing or damaged pit lids within 24 hours of a report being received.
- collect discarded syringes in nature strips and roads within 24 hours of notification.
- collect discarded syringes in parks and reserves within two (2) hours of notification.
- investigate public health nuisance concerns within 48 hours of notification.
- complete new health business registration applications and issue certificates of registration, within five (5) working days, following receipt of relevant documentation, payment of fees, and satisfactory inspection.
Family Day Care
- schedule your family to a Family Day Care appointment within five (5) working days of a requested enrolment.
- provide you with contact details for educators that have responded to your request for care within five (5) working days.
- assess permits to burn within ten (10) working days of a request being received.
- undertake property inspections for fire hazard requests during the fire danger period within five (5) working days of notification.
- undertake property inspections for long grass requests during non-fire danger period within ten (10) working days of notification.
- Council minutes will be made available five (5) days after a Council meeting.
- We will process freedom of information requests within thirty (30) calendar days from when all required information has been received.
- We will provide written information about the kindergarten eligibility and enrolment process within ten (10) working days of a complete kindergarten enrolment application being received.
We will initiate investigations into:
- customer requests regarding unregistered or abandoned vehicles on public land within ten (10) working days of a request being made.
- parking related concerns within five (5) working days of a request being received.
- any customer requests into breaches of the General Local Law (that relate to the City Amenity & Compliance Unit) within ten (10) working days of the request being received.
Maternal and Child Health
- We will provide you, during your home visit, with a schedule of visits for your baby’s two (2), four (4), eight (8) week and four (4) month visit.
- We will contact you within ten (10) working days of your baby being born to make a time for a maternal and child health nurse to visit you in your home.
- All first time parents will be invited to attend a new parent group before their child reaches four (4) months of age.
- We will investigate and action general parks maintenance (non-urgent) requests within ten (10) working days.
- Reports of syringes in parks will be investigated and removal completed within 24 hours of being notified.
- Any hazard identified within a playground will be made safe within 24 hours.
- Any report of a pest animal that is deemed to be a hazard will be actioned within 24 hours.
- Any significant irrigation leak will be isolated on the same day reported and repaired within seven (7) days.
- investigate all high risk breaches of the planning controls within three (3) working days of a request being received.
- request further information on planning applications when required within 28 days of lodgement.
We will process:
- copies of rates notices within five (5) working days of a request being made.
- standard Land Information Certificates within three (3) working days of an application being received.
- urgent Land Information Certificates within one (1) working day of an application being received.
Residential Waste Services Hard Waste
- We will collect your hard waste from within your property boundary within 14 days of the time of booking confirmation.
Residential Waste Services Kerbside Bins
- provide bins to new residential properties within three (3) working days of receiving a request. Receipt of relevant occupancy documentation must be provided prior.
- replace missing or unrepairable bins within three (3) working days of request being received.
- collect missed bin collections due to driver error within one (1) working day of request being received.
- Land owners eligible for Shared Cost Fencing will receive confirmation of the amount Council will contribute within ten (10) working days.
- We will assess drainage plans within ten (10) working days and notify you of the outcome in writing.
- We will provide standard Legal Points of Discharge information within ten (10) working days of an application being received.
- We will assess build over easement applications within ten (10) working days.
- refer subdivision applications for certification to external referral authorities within seven (7) days of lodgement.
- certify compliant applications within the 49 statutory days.
Traffic and Parking Management
We will allow 21 days for residents and property owners to submit a response when consulting with the community on:
- changes to parking restrictions.
- proposed Local Traffic Management Schemes.
Trees and Horticulture
- We will attend to emergency tree requests on Council land within 24 hours of a report being received.
- We will investigate routine tree maintenance requests on Council Land within ten (10) working days of a request being received.
- Any request for a tree on a naturestrip, where a tree does not currently exist shall be fulfilled within 24 months via annual tree planting program.
- Tree removal requests will be completed within 28 days of request where removal is deemed necessary.
Works within Road Reserves
- inspect and provide advice on vehicle crossing applications within ten (10) working days.
- assess Traffic Management Plans within ten (10) working days.
Youth Support and Counselling
- make contact within three (3) working days upon receipt of a referral to Youth Support to acknowledge Referral confirmation and service availability.
- advise of alternative referral pathways for support within three (3) working days.