Living Green is easier to do than you might think. We’re working towards making Council buildings and operations more sustainable and are supporting the community to be sustainable at home, work and school.
The aim is to reduce the use of gas, electricity and water as well as reduce the production of waste and greenhouse gases, reuse and recycle where possible and improve bio-diversity.
Green at home
You can make some simple changes at home such as:
- Switching off lights and electrical appliances when they’re not being used.
- Change your activities and technologies to be more efficient in order to reduce emissions such as switching to more efficient light bulbs
- use fuel sources that are less greenhouse gas intensive such as solar panels
To find out what you can do at home go to Your Energy Savings which has a section on Rebates.
Love Food Hate Waste can help reduce your food waste which in turn saves you money and the environment.
Sustainability Victoria has information about composting, bokashi bins and worm farms.
You can create a sustainable garden using local (indigenous) plants.
Green at work
Council is working with businesses to help reduce energy costs and boost business opportunities.
There is also State Government assistance to help you make your business sustainable.
For more information, contact our Sustainability Officer on 9747 7200.
Free energy information and advice
Australian Energy Foundations (AEF) is an initiative supported by 13 councils across Victoria. The foundation is an independent organisation that has been delivering award-winning community sustainability solutions for more than 14 years.
As part of our partnership with AEF, residents can receive a free consultation for energy advice, reduce your carbon footprint, and save on energy bills.
For more information contact Australian Energy Foundation on Ph: 1300 236 855 or visit the Australian Energy Foundation Contact Us webpage.
Solar Bulk-buy offer for residents
Australian Energy Foundation will provide independent advice and support to residents. This is a great opportunity to investigate your options for converting to renewable solar energy, understanding the different options available and working out if solar is right for you.
AEF will provide:
- impartial, detailed advice on whether or not solar is the best option for you. They will answer all your questions and give you the latest information about solar technologies
- an obligation free solar quote from a tried and tested solar provider offering quality systems and a great deal on solar panels
Register your interest to receive a no-obligation quote. Sign up online by visiting Australian Energy Foundation Contact Us webpage or call 1300 236 855.