Community Partnership Program
The community partnership program aims to link together community groups from different cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds to work together on projects and activities that contribute positively to the communities of the City of Melton.
- Does your community group have an idea for a project of benefit to those of diverse cultural background, religious faith or sports clubs within our community?
- Do you have skills to share or want to learn new skills?
- Do you require assistance or funding for your community project and/or activity?
- Are you interested in learning about and engaging with diverse cultures in ways that recognise what we have in common and also our differences, build connections and promote mutual respect?
The projects supported by this program will deliver positive social, environmental and economic outcomes by making a positive impact in the community while strengthening social diversity and inclusion in the City of Melton.
The partnership program currently offers two streams:
- Project Stream
- Cultural Exchange Workshop Stream
Organisations can be involved in one or both streams of activity.
The organisation/group work together with one or more partners on a project. We will provide relevant resources and support for the smooth delivery of the project.
Cultural Exchange Workshop Stream
Collaborating organisations showcase their culture through food, dance, arts and craft, story sharing etc. Organisations take turns to host workshops. The approach undertaken can be informal or formal. The cultural workshops receive in-kind hall hire funding when using Council owned facilities.
For more information, please contact our Community Development Officer on 9747 7200 or via email: email@example.com.