Food Complaints

Our Environmental Health Officers investigate complaints made in relation to food and food premises including poor food handling practices, food poisoning, food adulteration and unclean food premises.

In cases where suspected food poisoning has occurred, contact our Environmental Health Officer on 9747 7200 to discuss further.

We will ask:

  • have you been to your GP on the day/s following your illness?
  • did you present a faecal sample to your GP?
  • have you supplied us with a food sample?

Nuisance Complaints

Noise from loud music or air conditioners, or air emissions such as smoke from wood heaters may be found to be a nuisance under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008. Our Environmental Health Officers investigate nuisance complaints taking into account the degree of interference, duration and intensity.

The Environmental Protection Act 1970 regulates noise from residential premises – find out more about noise time restrictions.

To report a nuisance that falls under these regulations, contact our Environmental Health Officer on 9747 7200.

If you have another complaint you would like to lodge with Council, call Customer Service on 9747 7200.


Melton City Council and Melton Police encourage the community to report drivers of vehicles that have a total disregard for other road users by contacting the Crime Stoppers Hotline on 1800 333 000.

Please ensure that you have the registration details of the vehicle, the time, date, location and information concerning the driving that you are reporting. This information will be forwarded to the Melton Highway Patrol and the information will be acted upon by Melton Police.