90-92 High Street
(entrance is located 50m past SES Building)
Lost Pets register
View the lost pets register
||9.30am - 11am and 3pm - 4.30pm
|Saturday and Sunday
||9.30am - 10.30am
|or by appointment
||9747 7200 or email@example.com
Closed Public Holidays
Council is required to keep a dog or cat for eight days if it is impounded.
Collecting your pet
If you wish to collect your pet from the pound you will need to:
- register your pet (over the age of three months) with Council
- microchip your pet
- provide proof of ownership
- show identification such as a driver’s license
Animal Release Costs
- impounded animal release fees apply $90.00 (dog) and $45.50 (cat)
- daily fees will apply $18.50 (dog) and $16.00 (cat)
- a registration fee will apply if the animal is not registered
- a microchip fee of $88.50 will apply if the animal has not been microchipped.
- Impounded Livestock release fees apply $61.00 (per animal) and daily fees will apply $18.00 (per animal)
Additional fines may be imposed for unregistered animals and animals at large. Animals not wearing Council identification marker outside their property can also risk a penalty under the Domestic Animal Act 1994.