90-92 High Street
(entrance is located 50m past SES Building)
View the lost pets register
||9.30-11am and 3-4.30pm
|Saturday and Sunday
|or by appointment
||9747 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed Public Holidays
Council is required to keep a dog or cat for eight days if it is impounded.
Collecting your pet
If you wish to collect your pet from the pound you will need to:
- register your pet (over the age of three months) with Council
- microchip your pet
- provide proof of ownership
- show identification such as a driver’s license
Animal Release Costs
- impounded animal release fees apply $84 (dog) and $42 (cat)
- daily fees will apply $16 (dog) and $14 (cat)
- a registration fee will apply if the animal is not registered
- a microchip fee will apply if the animal has not been microchipped
Additional fines may be imposed for unregistered animals and animals at large. Animals not wearing Council identification marker outside their property can also risk a penalty under the Domestic Animal Act 1994.
Looking for a pet? Consider adopting an animal from the pound.
All animals are de-sexed, microchipped, vaccinated and been treated for fleas and worms before being released to their new home.
Photo ID is required during the adoption process.
If you already own a dog and would like to adopt a second dog, we encourage you to bring your dog to the pound to meet and greet your potential new dog to ensure they get along. Please speak to our Pound staff to arrange a time before bringing your dog in.