Business Renewable Buying Group
Melton is joining councils across Victoria to assist businesses purchase renewable energy and cut emissions.
If you are a large market energy consumer and want to join a group to purchase 100% renewable electricity, please complete the:
Expression of interest form for businesses.
Watch the recording of the webinar with the program facilitator to find out if this program will be suitable for your business.
What is the Business Renewables Buying Group?
The Business Renewables Buying Group is designed to bring together a group of like-minded businesses seeking to switch to 100% renewable electricity. With the support of an external facilitator, the group will work collectively to scale up their buying power whilst cutting complexity, time, and cost associated with going 100% renewable.
The Business Renewable Buying Group is open to businesses across Victoria consuming over 500MWh per annum of electricity (spending ~ $100,000 per annum).
Through the Business Renewables Buying Group, we are striving to build and refine this model and create a repeatable and scalable group purchasing method to support more businesses to join a renewable future.
Why join the Business Renewables Buying group?
- Improved market response for your businesses, with more options and potential price benefits due to increased load.
- Ability to work with others who are going through similar decisions to compare considerations and support each other.
- Reduced project costs and staff time by spreading the workload across the group.
- An experienced facilitator leads the process with access to specialist strategic advice.
What are the benefits for your business?
- Cost-effective way to reduce emissions and deliver on your strategic goals.
- Long-term and stable pricing provides budget certainty and reduces exposure to energy market volatility.
- Avoid repeated internal procurement processes over the duration of the PPA contract.
- Participation in this project and renewable energy purchase can provide reputation, branding and leadership benefits.
- Opportunity to directly support the renewable energy industry.
This project is supported by Melton City Council, and will be available to all Victorian businesses who qualify for the large electricity market. In the event the group is over-subscribed, preference will be given to the larger electricity consumers.
What else can I do to make my business more sustainable?
Melton City Council is a member of the Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action (WAGA).
This Council-run program outlines a number of easy steps you can take to become more energy efficient.
Please visit the WAGA Business Support Program website for further information and to contact the WAGA team.