Melton Recycling Facility (MRF)
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we have implemented some social distancing measures at the Melton Recycling Facility to protect the community and staff:
- Limit of 1 car per bay (total 5 cars at time at the general waste drop off point)
- Limit of 5 customers in the resale shop at any one time
- Limit of 10 cars at the green waste area
- EFTPOS payment preferred
There might be some delays some delays as we limit the number of people using the facility at once and we appreciate your patience.
WHERE TO FIND US:
33 Ferris Road, Cobblebank (formerly Melton South: Melway 343 H1)
WHEN WE ARE OPEN:
Open 7 days from 8am. Last entry by 4.30pm: please ensure you allow enough time to unload and exit before gates close.
The Facility is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Anzac Day.
The Melton Recycling Facility (the MRF) consists of three services all at the one convenient location:
- Permanent Drop-off Site (the Permanent Drop-off Site is where you can drop off items such as paint, batteries, engine oil, cardboard and more for free all year round - see more information about items that can be dropped of!).
- Resale Shop (the Resale Shop is a reuse-and-recycle initiative that enables anyone to declutter their homes by donating household items that are in resaleable condition).
- Transfer Station (the Transfer Station accepts two types of "waste": household materials & household residual waste).
The Melton Recycling Facility is currently being upgraded and will remain open during construction. Only minor disruptions are expected however we apologise to residents for any inconvenience caused during this time. For further information, please visit the project page.