Melton Recycling Facility (MRF)
|The Melton Recycling Facility (MRF) and the Resale shop is open.
- Transfer Station is open to all customers to dispose of general waste, green waste, inert waste and recycling items. There is no vaccination requirement for Transfer Station entry.
- Customers will be required to check-in using the QR code or provide details for contact tracing if necessary.
- Please be aware of potential delays in getting through the gatehouse due to additional check-in requirements and high demand.
- You must be fully vaccinated to enter the Resale shop as per the latest State Government requirement for entry to non-essential retail.
- Customers will be required to check-in using the QR code when entering the Resale Shop.
- You must wear a mask inside Resale shop.
- Customers can drop off items outside of the Resale Shop (rear drop off point) and don’t require full vaccination.
WHERE TO FIND US:
33 Ferris Road, Cobblebank (formerly Melton South: Melway 343 H1)
WHEN WE ARE OPEN:
Open 7 days from 8am. Last entry by 4.30pm: please ensure you allow enough time to unload and exit before gates close.
The Facility is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Anzac Day.
Fees and charges
Melton Recycling Facility fees and charges.
The Melton Recycling Facility (the MRF) consists of three services all at the one convenient location:
- Permanent Drop-off Site (the Permanent Drop-off Site is where you can drop off items such as paint, batteries, engine oil, cardboard and more for free all year round - see more information about items that can be dropped of!).
- Resale Shop (the Resale Shop is a reuse-and-recycle initiative that enables anyone to declutter their homes by donating household items that are in resaleable condition).
- Transfer Station (the Transfer Station accepts two types of "waste": household materials & household residual waste).
The Melton Recycling Facility is currently being upgraded and will remain open during construction. Only minor disruptions are expected however we apologise to residents for any inconvenience caused during this time. For further information, please visit the project page.