Melton Recycling Facility (MRF)
Following announcements by the State Government, the Melton Recycling Facility (MRF) including the Resale Shop is open to the public.
Please note: there may be additional wait times due to contact tracing information gathering.
Entry Conditions for all permitted users
- Residents and Business/Commercial Customers will be required to have their temperature checked on entry at the Gatehouse and provide details for contact tracing if necessary.
- Face Masks MUST be worn. Please note: The Victorian Government has made the wearing of face masks mandatory. No entry to the Melton Recycling Facility (MRF) will be permitted without a face mask.
WHERE TO FIND US:
33 Ferris Road, Cobblebank (formerly Melton South: Melway 343 H1)
WHEN WE ARE OPEN:
Open 7 days from 8am. Last entry by 4.30pm: please ensure you allow enough time to unload and exit before gates close.
The Facility is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Anzac Day.
Fees and charges
Melton Recycling Facility fees and charges.
The Melton Recycling Facility (the MRF) consists of three services all at the one convenient location:
- Permanent Drop-off Site (the Permanent Drop-off Site is where you can drop off items such as paint, batteries, engine oil, cardboard and more for free all year round - see more information about items that can be dropped of!).
- Resale Shop (the Resale Shop is a reuse-and-recycle initiative that enables anyone to declutter their homes by donating household items that are in resaleable condition).
- Transfer Station (the Transfer Station accepts two types of "waste": household materials & household residual waste).
The Melton Recycling Facility is currently being upgraded and will remain open during construction. Only minor disruptions are expected however we apologise to residents for any inconvenience caused during this time. For further information, please visit the project page.