Building regulations and requirements can be quite complex. For further information visit: Do I need a permit.
Submitting a building permit, request or application
For the following forms, you can submit your documents and any associated payments online.
- Application for Council Report and Consent Dispensation. You will also need to download, complete and submit the Adjoining Property Owners Comments(DOCX, 55KB) form.
- Application for Council Report and Consent of Public Protection Measurements Over the Street Alignment
- Application for Council Report and Consent to Build on Land Subject to Flooding or Designated Land
- Application for Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment
- Building Investigation Request
- Property Information Request
- Register your swimming pool or spa
- Request for Copy of Domestic Building Permit Documents (including house plans)
- Request for Copy of Commercial Building Permit Documents
- Section 30 Building Permit
- Building Surveyors lodgement
- Section 80 Lodgements
If you are proposing a new house or have an adjoining neighbour constructing a new house/extension, it is important to know and understand the overlooking provisions of Victorian Building Regulation 84.
Visit: Overlooking Provisions webpage for information.
Other building related websites
Victorian Building Authority
Melton City Council’s Building Services Unit is responsible for the administration and enforcement of building provisions in its municipal district.