The City of Melton is a municipality with a great variety of street types.  The variation of urban, suburban, semi-rural and rural streets and roads create an interesting and valuable street landscape.

What is a naturestrip?

The term commonly refers to the area of public land between the property boundary and the road kerb or shoulder in roads and streets.  This includes the strips of public land on the sides or corner properties.

Who is responsible for maintaining naturestrips?

It is the responsibility of the resident to maintain the naturestrip abutting their property. Normally this is by regular mowing, weeding and picking up litter.

What options are available for landscaping naturestrips?

Council supports beautification of naturestrips provided that the underlying purposes of the naturestrip can be maintained whilst ensuring the ongoing safety of the general public.

If you plan to do anything other than grow grass on your naturestrip, you will need to complete a Naturestrip Landscaping Application form.

For more information contact Customer Service on 9747 7200.