Mobile food vehicles
A permit is required to place a mobile food vehicle in or within any street, vacant land, public place or land.
The Mobile Food Vehicle (MFV) Policy has been developed to support the operations of MFVs within the municipality and to provide a framework for both Council staff and mobile food vehicle operators in regards to obtaining a permit for operation as well as the ongoing management of sites.
Mobile Food Vehicle Policy(PDF, 151KB)
Council allocates permits on an annual basis for a twelve month period and will be available at the following designated locations:
- Navan Park - Centenary Ave Melton
- Hannah Watts Park - High Street Melton
- Taylors Hill Community Centre - Calder Park Drive Taylors Hill
- Bridge Road Play Space/Atherstone Athletics Facility – Bridge Rd, Cobblebank
- Frontier Park/Woodlea Oval – Frontier Av, Aintree
- Wiltshire Park – Wiltshire Blvd, Thornhill Park
- Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve – Tenterfield Dr, Burnside Heights
- Eynesbury Recreation Reserve – Avoca St, Eynesbury
- Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve – Plumpton Rd, Diggers Rest
- Scott St Park/Reserve – Cnr Scott St & Plover St, Melton
- Exford Rd North BioDiversity Reserve Car Park – In front of 1221 Exford Rd, Exford
- Melton Botanical Gardens – Lakewood Blvd, Melton
Mobile Food Vehicle Permit
To apply for a permit, please complete the Application for Mobile Food Vehicle Permit(DOCX, 41KB)
Your application will be assessed and sessions will be offered to you based on availability. These sessions will be offered via email, which will outline the associated costs before payment can be made. Bookings will not be secured until the application fee payment.
Please note: To be eligible for a MFV permit, operators need to meet the basic standards required for the operation of a business of this nature including:
- Australian Business Registration
- Registration with Streatrader under the Food Act 1984,
- Current VicRoads registration
- Public Liability Insurance (not less than $10,000,000 in respect of any single occurrence)
For more information email: email@example.com.