Building regulations and requirements can be quite complex. For further information visit: Do I need a permit.
Submitting a building permit, request or application
For the following forms, you can submit your documents and any associated payments online.
- Application for Council Report and Consent Dispensation. You will also need to download, complete and submit the Adjoining Property Owners Comments(DOC, 224KB) form.
- Application for Council Report and Consent of Public Protection Measurements Over the Street Alignment
- Application for Council Report and Consent to Build on Land Subject to Flooding or Designated Land
- Application for Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment
- Building Investigation Request
- Property Information Request
- Register your swimming pool or spa
- Request for Copy of Domestic Building Permit Documents
- Request for Copy of Commercial Building Permit Documents
- Section 30 Building Permit
- Section 80 Lodgements
Other building related websites
Victorian Building Commission
Melton City Council’s Building Services Unit is responsible for the administration and enforcement of building provisions in its municipal district.