Meeting Procedure Local Law (2013)
The Council’s power to make the Local Law is contained in sections 5, 91 and 111 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act).
The purpose of the Meeting Procedure Local Law is to:
- regulate proceedings and provide for orderly and fair conduct at all Council Meetings, Special Committee Meetings, Advisory Committee Meetings, and other meetings conducted by or on behalf of Council where Council has resolved that provisions of the Local Law are to apply;
- maintain open, efficient and effective processes of the government of the Council and assist with keeping the preparation of the agenda consistent from meeting to meeting;
- regulate proceedings for the election of the Mayor and Chairperson of various committees;
- regulate the use and prohibit unauthorised use of the common seal
The Meeting Procedure Local Law (2013) ceases to operate 1 August 2023 unless revoked sooner by Council resolution.
Download the Meeting Procedure Local Law 2013(PDF, 1MB)
Mondays, 7pm in Council Chambers, Civic Centre, 232 High Street Melton
- 5 February
- 5 March
- 26 March
- 30 April
- 28 May
- 25 June
- 23 July
- 20 August
- 10 September (Special meeting)
- 17 September
- 15 October
- 12 November
- 10 December
View Minutes and Agendas
Council meetings held at Melton Civic Centre are recorded and all meeting recordings are included with the agenda, minutes and appendices using the links above. The files are in .mp3 format and can be listened to online or downloaded to your computer.
All interested members of the public are invited to attend - for any further information please contact the Council's Civic Centre on 9747 7200.
Public question time
Persons present in the Public Gallery will be given the opportunity to present any public questions to Council during the meeting.
Submit your public question/s to Council