Meeting Procedure Local Law (2013)
The Council’s power to make the Local Law is contained in sections 5, 91 and 111 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act).
The purpose of the Meeting Procedure Local Law is to:
- regulate proceedings and provide for orderly and fair conduct at all Council Meetings, Special Committee Meetings, Advisory Committee Meetings, and other meetings conducted by or on behalf of Council where Council has resolved that provisions of the Local Law are to apply;
- maintain open, efficient and effective processes of the government of the Council and assist with keeping the preparation of the agenda consistent from meeting to meeting;
- regulate proceedings for the election of the Mayor and Chairperson of various committees;
- regulate the use and prohibit unauthorised use of the common seal
The Meeting Procedure Local Law (2013) ceases to operate 1 August 2023 unless revoked sooner by Council resolution.
Download the Meeting Procedure Local Law 2013(PDF, 1MB)
Meetings take place on Mondays at 7pm unless otherwise specified on the agenda.
- Monday 4 February, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 4 March, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 1 April, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 29 April, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 27 May, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 24 June, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 22 July, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 19 August, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 16 September, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 14 October, Melton Civic Centre
- Thursday 31 October, Melton Civic Centre Statutory Special Meeting
- Monday 11 November, Burnside Community Hall
- Monday 9 December, Melton Civic Centre
View Minutes and Agendas
Council meetings are audio recorded and all meeting recordings are included with the agenda, minutes and appendices. The audio files are in .mp3 format and can be listened to online or downloaded to your computer. Visit our Minutes and Agendas webpage.
All interested members of the public are invited to attend - for any further information please contact the Council's Civic Centre on 9747 7200.
Public question time
Persons present in the Public Gallery will be given the opportunity to present any public questions to Council during the meeting.
Submit your public question/s to Council