Melton City Council is committed to protecting community health and wellbeing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the COVID-19 social distancing requirements, from 11 May 2020 until further notice Melton City Council meetings will be held electronically using videoconferencing technology.
Live streaming of Council meetings and an archive recording of the meetings are available by visiting Live streaming.
(Please note: recordings of the meeting will be available to view approximately 2 business days after the meeting.)
Thank you for your understanding.
Governance Rules – Meeting Procedure for Council Meetings
Melton City Council adopted its Governance Rules on 31 August 2020. Chapter 2 of the Governance Rules is the Meeting Procedure for Council Meetings.
The purpose of Chapter 2 is to:
- provide for the election of the Mayor and any Deputy Mayor;
- provide for the appointment of any Acting Mayor; and
- provide for the procedures governing the conduct of Council meetings.
The Meeting Procedure Chapter replaces the Meeting Procedure Local Law 2013.
Download the Governance Rules(PDF, 180KB)
2020 Meetings of Council
Ordinary Council Meetings take place on Mondays at 7pm unless otherwise specified on the agenda. Additionally, Special Council Meetings may be called during the course of the year.
- Monday 3 February, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 17 February, Melton Civic Centre (Special Meeting)
- Monday 2 March, Burnside Community Hall
- Thursday 26 March, Melton Civic Centre
- Thursday 2 April, Melton Civic Centre (to consider the Agenda adjourned on Thursday 26 March)
- Monday 11 May, via videoconference
- Thursday 14 May, via videoconference (Special Meeting)
- Tuesday 19 May, via videoconference (Special Meeting)
- Monday 25 May, via videoconference
- Monday 22 June, via videoconference
- Monday 20 July, via videoconference
- Monday 17 August, via videoconference
- Monday 31 August, via videoconference (Special Meeting)
- Monday 14 September, via videoconference
- Monday 21 September, via videoconference (adjourned meeting of 14 September)
- Monday 12 October, via videoconference
- Monday 16 November, Melton Civic Centre Statutory Special Meeting
- Monday 30 November, Melton Civic Centre
- Monday 21 December, Melton Civic Centre
View Minutes and Agendas
From May 2020, all Ordinary and Special Council meetings will be live streamed and electronically recorded, except when Council resolves to go into the Confidential Business section of the meeting
All recordings are retained as part of City of Melton's records in accordance with the Retention and Disposal Authorities for Local Government Records produced by the Public Records Office Victoria.
A recording of the meeting will also be available approximately 2 business days after the meeting.
View recorded meetings
Council Meeting recordings
Up until 2 April 2020, Ordinary and Special Council Meetings were audio recorded. The audio files are in .mp3 format and can be listened to online or downloaded to your computer.
Visit our Minutes and Agendas webpage for audio recordings.
From May 2020, all Ordinary and Special Council meetings will be live streamed and electronically recorded. Live streaming of Council meetings and an archive recording of the meeting are available by visiting Live streaming.
All interested members of the public are invited to attend Council meetings - for further information please contact the Council's Civic Centre on 9747 7200.
Public question time
Public question time is available at every scheduled Meeting of Council to enable members of the public to address questions to Council.
All questions (maximum of two per person) must be submitted via the online form or by downloading then lodging the Public Question Time form in the receptacle designated for public questions at the entrance to the Council Chamber at the Melton Civic Centre. While the Civic Centre is closed to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, written forms can be lodged with our Customer Service staff by ringing the door bell at the Civic Centre. Your form will then be deposited on your behalf.
All questions must be received by no later than 12 noon on the day of the scheduled Meeting of Council.
Submit your public question/s to Council