Accessible Parking Permits

There are three different parking permits issued under the APP Scheme:

  1. An Australian Disability Parking (ADP) Permit – formerly the Category 1 Blue disabled permit
  2. A Double Time (DT) Permit – formerly the Category 2 Green Permit
  3. An ADP Organisation Permit – formerly Blue organisation permit. 

 Find out more and apply for a Accessible Parking Permit

Parking issue

Council is often contacted by residents concerned with illegal and unsafe parking.

You can report a parking issue by completing the general enquiries form.

Parking Fines

Parking fines (infringement notices) are enforced by State Law. An infringement notice can be handed to you, placed on your windscreen or sent to you in the mail.

Failure to pay a parking fine or to take any other action within 28 days may result in further enforcement action and further costs being added.

View details and photos of the infringement

View your fine details

Pay your parking fine

  • Online Payments
  • In person at one of our Customer Service Centres
  • By mail to:
    Melton City Council
    PO Box 21
    Melton Vic 3337
    (Include your infringement notice and a cheque or money order for the full amount, made payable to Melton City Council).

How do I apply for a payment plan?

You must apply in writing for a payment plan (an extension of time to pay). 

Was not the driver at the time or request to have the matter heard and determined by Court?

If you are the registered owner of a vehicle and someone else was driving the vehicle at the time the infringement was issued you have an opportunity to nominate the person. Please complete the Nomination Statement(DOCX, 232KB) (Part 1) if you were not the driver at the time the infringement was issued,  or (Part 2) to apply for the matter to be heard and determined in Court.

How do I appeal a fine?

You must apply to have an infringement notice (fine) reviewed. Please note: each infringement notice can only be reviewed once.

Request a Review

To request an internal review of a fine, complete the online application form or visit one of our Customer Service Centres

The internal review process can take up to 90 days (or longer if additional information is required). Please do not pay the infringement notice during this period.

Council will contact you if the infringement notice has been withdrawn or if the matter will proceed.

Failure to pay or provide requested additional information could result in further costs.

Having the case heard by a court

You can choose to have your matter dealt with in the Magistrates' Court by notifying Melton City Council in writing to:

  • Melton City Council
    PO Box 21
    Melton Vic 3337

Please note: The Mayor and Councillors do not have any involvement in Melton City Council's administration functions, and are unable to respond to letters about parking fines.

All requests for an internal review must be directed to the Infringement Review team.