Are you interested in developing new parenting strategies? Are you having trouble with your children's behaviour?
Council runs several parenting programs in partnership with other organisations.
Maternal and Child Health Service
Melton City Council Maternal and Child Health Service offers a range of parenting support services and programs including:
- Breastfeeding support
- New Parent Groups
- Sleep and Settling programs
Visit our Maternal and Child Health webpage for more information.
Parents do their best to provide a safe and stable family life. However, at various times, parents may need additional supports.
Melton City Council Family Services (MCCFS) delivers an Integrated Family Support Program that provides case-management support to families with children from 0 to 17 years old, including children with additional needs, living in the City of Melton.
The service acknowledges that every family is different and will work in partnership with the family to identify and set individual goals and priorities. Some of the supports that we offer include:
- Assessing family’s health and support needs
- Support with parenting skills and understanding of child development
- Assistance with children’s behaviours and managing stress
- Provision of information and support to access other community services or resources
- Developing strategies and skills to strengthen family communication
- Increasing connections through making links to community groups
- Helping develop positive relationships with schools and other services.
To access case management support from Family Services, you will need to first contact:
The Orange Door Brimbank Melton, Ph: 1800 271 046.
They will complete an assessment and make the referral to an appropriate service.
If you have additional questions, contact our Family Services team on Ph: 9747 7200.
Other organisations that can help with parenting:
- The Orange Door Brimbank Melton - 1800 271 046
- Melton Health's Adolescent and Young Adult Program - 8746 1100
- Royal Children's Hospital Mental Health Service - 1800 44 5511