Community Achievement Awards
Each year, Council proudly recognises people whose contributions make this region an even better place to live through the Melton City Council Community Achievement Awards.
The winners will be recognised and awards presented at the following Australia Day ceremony on 26 January each year.
The Community Achievement Awards categories are:
- Citizen of the Year – for recognition of ongoing community leadership and involvement
- Gender Equity Leader of the Year Award – for community leadership, promotion of gender equality and commitment to advancing the status of women
- Young Citizen of the Year – for community leadership under 25 years old
- Access and Inclusion Leader of the Year – for commitment to improving the life of people with a disability
- Intercultural Engagement Leader of the Year – for leadership that celebrates our diverse community
Eligibility and Assessment Criteria
Nominees must be City of Melton residents whose contributions to the City of Melton community have been voluntary or have exceeded the normal requirements of the person’s paid work or people who live outside the city but who play a major role in the life of the Melton community.
Awards will be assessed on the following criteria:
- commitment to improving community access, participation and involvement
- commitment to fostering community partnerships
- community leadership
- commitment to community leadership, promotion of gender equality and commitment to advancing the status of women (Gender Equity Leader of the Year)
- commitment to improving life of people with a disability (Access and Inclusion Leader of the Year).
Nominations for 2019 are now open and will close on 23 October 2018.
2018 Community Achievement Award Winners
For more information or to discuss the Community Achievement Awards please contact Alexandra Maggi on 9747 7200 or email email@example.com.