Community Achievement Awards
Council proudly recognises people whose contributions make this region an even better place to live through the Melton City Council Community Achievement Awards.
The Community Achievement Awards (CAA) Program recognises the work of individuals and their contribution to community projects and the community. The CAA Program inspires individual and community pride, and strengthens community life in Melton.
Applications are open annually in July.
The Community Achievement Awards categories are:
- Citizen of the Year – for recognition of ongoing community leadership and involvement
- Gender Equity Leader of the Year – for community leadership, promotion of gender equality and commitment to advancing the status of women
- Young Citizen of the Year – for community leadership under 25 years old
- Access and Inclusion Leader of the Year – for commitment to improving the life of people with a disability
- Intercultural Engagement Leader of the Year – for leadership that celebrates our diverse community
2021 Community Achievement Award Winners
- Citizen of the Year: Annette Butterworth
- Gender Equity Leader of the Year: Prabha Shrestha
- Young Citizen of the Year: Lauchlan Wright
- Access & Inclusion Leader of the Year: Zoe Attard
- Intercultural Engagement Leader of the Year: Ehab Hadaya
For more information or to discuss the Community Achievement Awards, please contact our Community Capacity Team on 9747 7200.