Amending a planning permit

If you need to change your permit or the endorsed plans after they have been endorsed, you will need to lodge an 'Application to amend a planning permit'.

Although you may not need a new permit, a request for amendment follows the same process, including possible advertising and referral to statutory bodies.

As with a new permit application, you should discuss the amendment with the Council planner before submitting the request.

You can also make a request to amend the endorsed plans via the Secondary Consent mechanism, if your permit contains this provision. Any changes that affect the reason for the permit (preamble) or permit conditions must be lodged under Section 72 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.