The Hot House Project
Registrations for the Hot House Project are now closed. If you would like to be updated regularly on the project, sign up to the mailing list below.
You may have identified a gap in the market, have an idea that could improve an existing service or product, or you may have had a stroke of brilliance that you think could be commercialised.
If this sounds like you, sign up now.
No matter how out there your idea may be, if any of this sounds like you, the Hot House Project is your opportunity to receive training, mentoring and inspiration that will help you transform your idea into a new business startup.
The Hot House Project will provide the following opportunities:
- A series of 9 x Startup Master Classes delivered by VU Innovations
- 6 months of subsidised Co-Working Space Access hosted at Western BACE
- Special Events
You've got the HOT idea. What next?
If you have an idea you’d like to develop, the process to get involved is:
- Register your interest by signing up to the Hot House Mailing List
- Book a one-on-one time with a Startup Expert
(Note: Once registered to the mailing list you will receive an invitation to book a 10 minute one-on-one time with a startup expert at our ‘Warm-up’ events in early December. This is your chance to share your idea with an expert, who will provide you with some feedback and advice.)
- Await your feedback to see whether your idea is suitable for the Hot House Project.
- If your idea is suitable for the Hot House Project you will be invited to a welcome event in December.
(Note: If your idea isn’t suitable for the Hot House Project, you will receive some other useful feedback and recommendations for developing your idea.)
- The Masterclass program and coworking space access will commence in February 2019.
The project is funded by LaunchVic and is being delivered by Melton City Council in partnership with the Western BACE and VU Innovations.
What is the difference between a startup and a small business?
Questions you may be asking yourself
- Does my idea fit the startup definition.
- Is there any support available to help me grow my idea
- Are there any costs involved in the Councils Hot House Project
- Who is partnering with Council in this project
- What is a coworking space
- What will I get out of this at the end
For the answer to all these questions and more register your interest.
If you feel your situation might not be suited to the Hot House Project, Council’s Economic Development & Tourism team provides a broad range of business support services to suit every need.
For questions or queries, contact us on 9747 7157 or email@example.com