The Hot House Project
Do you have a HOT idea for a business startup?
You may have identified a gap in the market, have an idea that could improve an existing service or product, or you may have had a stroke of brilliance that you think could be commercialised.
No matter how out there your idea may be, if any of this sounds like you, the Hot House Project is your opportunity to receive training, mentoring and inspiration that will help you transform your idea into a new business startup.
The Hot House Project will commence with community information and engagement sessions held across the City of Melton in October 2018. There will also be opportunities for one-on-one discussions with startup mentors. In November an intense 8 month program of masterclasses, networking, mentoring and events to help you develop your idea and give you the support networks you'll need to take the idea to the next level will occur.
For a limited number of participants there will also be the opportunity to access heavily discounted membership to the Western BACE Coworking Space.
You've got the HOT idea. What next?
- Register your interest in the Hot House Project by signing up to our mailing list/and or joining the 'Hot House Project Group' on the Venture Melton Facebook page.
- Keep an eye out for the announcement of info session and one-on-one mentoring dates and register online to participate.
The project is funded by LaunchVic and is being delivered by Melton City Council in partnership with the Western BACE.
What is the difference between a startup and a small business?
Questions you may be asking yourself
- Does my idea fit the startup definition.
- Is there any support available to help me grow my idea
- Are there any costs involved in the Councils Hot House Project
- Who is partnering with Council in this project
- What is a coworking space
- What will I get out of this at the end
For the answer to all these questions and more register your interest.
If you feel your situation might not be the Hot House Project, Council’s Economic Development & Tourism team provides a broad range of business support services to suit every need.
For questions or queries, contact us on 9747 7157 or firstname.lastname@example.org