Heritage Assistance Fund
The heritage assistance fund provides financial assistance to landowners, companies or community groups to maintain, repair or conserve a heritage place or for preparation of conservation management plans for a heritage place within the municipality.
By ‘place’, we mean houses, farm buildings, fences, dry stone walls, gardens, landscapes or archaeological sites which have recognised heritage significance.
The grant is not available for projects that have already commenced.
How much funding is available?
There is a total of $70,000 available in Round 9, 2019/2020. The fund can provide only up to 50% of the cost of works proposed and applicants must match Council’s contribution.
For example: if you apply to the fund for painting works and the quote is for $6000, Council will not pay more than $3000, which is 50% of the cost of the project.
Applicants can apply to the fund more than once, but not in the same funding round.
How to apply.
Applying for the fund is easy:
- Make an appointment with Council’s Heritage Advisor to be assessed for eligibility.
- Once you know you are eligible, get two quotes from professional tradespeople.
- Take a few photos of the proposed work, the issues and the condition of the place.
- Owner's consent will be required if the applicant is not the owner.
- Fill in the application form (Council can help with this if needed).
Applications are open from 15 August and will close at 5.00pm on Thursday 19 September 2019.
A copy of the Melton Heritage Assistance Fund guidelines is available at Council or can be viewed below.
Should you have any queries regarding the fund or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact our City Strategy team on 9747 7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org