Heritage Assistance Fund
Applications are open from Wednesday 1 September and will close at 5.00pm on Friday 6 October 2020.
The heritage assistance fund provides financial assistance to landowners, companies or community groups to maintain, repair or conserve a heritage place or for preparation of conservation management plans for a heritage place within the municipality.
By ‘place’, we mean houses, farm buildings, fences, dry stone walls, gardens, landscapes or archaeological sites which have recognised heritage significance.
The grant is not available for projects that have already commenced.
The fund can provide up to 50% of the cost of works proposed and applicants must match Council’s contribution. The fund is competitive and not all applications will be automatically approved.
For example: if you apply to the fund for painting works and the quote is for $6000, Council will not pay more than $3000, which is 50% of the cost of the project.
Applicants can apply to the fund more than once, but not in the same funding round.
How to apply
Applying for the fund is easy:
- Make contact with Council’s Heritage Advisor so they can assess the project’s eligibility via email or call 9747 7200.
- Once you know your project is eligible, get two quotes from professional tradespeople and enquire about the need for permits.
- Take a few photos of the place, the issues and the condition of the fabric.
- The owner's consent will be required if the applicant is not the owner.
- Complete the Online application form (Council can help with this if needed)
A copy of the Melton Heritage Assistance Fund guidelines is available at Council or can be viewed below.
Should you have any queries regarding the fund or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact our City Strategy team on 9747 7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.