Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan
- Contractor nameinsideEDGE Sport and Leisure Planning
The Diggers Rest Recreation is highly valued by the local community and is presently the Diggers Rest townships sole recreational facility, servicing a range of sport, recreation and community groups.
In April 2017, Council commenced the development of a Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan to demonstrate a planned, staged and agreed vision for the site.
The Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan project is now complete, with the Final Master Plan(PDF, 4MB) adopted at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 18 December 2017.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and told us what you'd like to see at the reserve.
Sport and Leisure Consultant, insideEDGE Sport and Leisure Planning worked with Council to prepare the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan.
A significant consultation process was undertaken with a broad cross section of the community and interested key stakeholders. The draft master plan concept was placed on public exhibition for community consultation in August 2017, with submissions closing on September 15.
Feedback received during the public exhibition process was considered during the preparation of the Final Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan, presented to Council in December.
In developing an updated Master Plan, Council was able to identify future reserve development opportunities that are designed to address the current and future sporting club and community needs of Diggers Rest, as well as increasing activation of the reserve.
Five key master plan themes underpin the design direction of the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve -
- Facilities – provide fit for purpose community infrastructure and social amenities to support our growing and diverse community.
- Accessibility and site connectivity - Improve site attractiveness, safety, accessibility and connectivity in order to attract more visitation to the reserve.
- Community infrastructure and social amenity – provide infrastructure to support passive and informal recreational pursuits.
- Sports field provision and suitability – provide fit for purpose sporting infrastructure to meet the training and competition requirements for local level sport.
- Reserve and Facility Management - Maximise the opportunity for co-location and shared-use of facilities.
The Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan provides a set of future directions and recommendations for approximately 36 separate but interconnected improvement projects for the reserve.
Recommendations have been designed to provide sport, government and community stakeholders with a schedule of prioritised Reserve improvements, along with stakeholder responsibilities, estimated costs and potential funding opportunities.
The adoption of the Master Plan will provide a sound base for Council and the community to lobby the state and federal governments for funding assistance for proposed works.
It should be acknowledged that priorities can change and are based on funding availability. The presentation of new or unknown opportunities or changes in community demands can also alter priorities.
View the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan(PDF, 4MB)
View the 18 December 2017 Ordinary Meeting Agenda and Minutes
48-68 Plumpton Rd, Diggers Rest 3427 View Map