The City of Melton population forecast for 2022 is 216,389 and is forecast to grow to 450,823 by 2051.
Summary of population growth 2020 - 2021*
- The City of Melton increased 6,709 people at 3.9 per cent from 2020-2021, which is slightly lower than the growth in 2019-2020 (4.6 per cent) however remains the second fastest growing municipality in Victoria, behind the Surf Coast Shire (4.4 per cent)
- Rockbank - Mount Cottrell area retains Australia's second highest growth rate, growing by 34 percent, and Victoria's first highest growth rate.
The distribution of population growth within the City of Melton during 2020 - 2021:
- Melton South increased by 2,244 people or 6.7 per cent
- Rockbank - Mount Cottrell increased by 3,904 or 34 per cent
- Hillside increased by 1,264 or 4.9 per cent
Population Growth Snapshot 2020 - 2021*
The City of Melton population growth equates to the following increases:
*Australian Bureau of Statistics, Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2020-21 (16 June 2022)