The LeadWest Committee is a Special Committee of Melton City Council formed under section 86 of the Local Government Act 1989.
The primary purpose of the LeadWest Committee is to oversee the preparation and implementation of the LeadWest Committee’s Ten Year Strategic Plan and a four year rolling implementation plan. The proposed key areas of focus for the Strategic Plan are:
- jobs and skills
- transport infrastructure and connectivity
- health and wellbeing, and
- continuing environmental rehabilitation and sustainable development.
It is envisaged that the Plan will continue to emphasise the importance of building and maintaining strong partnerships with other levels of Government, the private sector, other regional bodies and stakeholders.
The LeadWest Committee will also identify sub projects as adopted and agreed by member Councils.
The committee has thirteen members; a Councillor member and a CEO member from each of the Cities of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moonee Valley and Wyndham. The committee also has an independent chair member. Each Council also has a proxy Councillor member when required to attend.
As a special committee, it has delegated powers and functions in an Instrument of Delegation and Schedule and has Terms of Reference that govern its operations, meeting and reporting arrangements.
2020 Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, 19 February at Hobsons Bay City Council
- Wednesday, 13 May at Maribyrnong City Council
- Wednesday, 12 August at Melton City Council
- Wednesday, 25 November at Moonee Valley City Council
All meetings commence at 3:30pm.