6801 Youth Outreach
Do you need someone to talk to? If you are a young person aged between 12 -25 years old and live, work, study or play in the City of Melton then we can help. 6801 Youth Outreach provides a safe, non-judgemental and confidential service to assist you with information, support, and referrals.
You might need to talk to someone for a wide variety of reasons including:
- Being homeless and/or at-risk of homelessness
- Issues at home including family conflict and violence
- Feeling stressed out, sad, angry or overwhelmed
- Being bullied at school, work or online
- Feeling vulnerable, isolated and unsafe
- Worrying about friendships and relationships
- Confusion about sexuality and sexual health
- Having difficulties at school
- Trying to find work
- Getting in trouble with the law
Why get help from an Outreach Support Worker?
You might be nervous or shy to ask for help. Youth Outreach is about talking with someone in a private space who will listen and not judge you. Sometimes we experience different challenges, and getting support can be helpful.
Will my parents/carers know what I talk about?
The information that you share with your Outreach Support Worker is private and confidential unless:
- You are being hurt by others
- You are hurting yourself
- You are hurting someone else
How long do we assist you for?
It can be once off or up to six weeks of support.
We can link you in with services that can provide:
- Emergency accommodation and housing
- Youth friendly counsellors and doctors
- Legal advice
- Financial assistance
- Drug and alcohol support
- Help for mental health concerns
- Education, training and employment support
- Help with talking to the Police
Where can we see you and when?
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on 9747 5373.
Friday nights at 5pm-11pm on 9743 6801
Saturday nights from 1pm-7pm on 9743 6801
Any time, email firstname.lastname@example.org