Social Support Programs
Social Support Group offers a number of programs that encourage and promote social connections, independence and well-being of older people and people living with a disability, whilst providing respite and support to carers.
The programs welcome people from diverse backgrounds with provisions for individual and cultural needs.
Social Support offers
- Weekly centre based sessions that provide activities including gentle exercise, games to help maintain health, flexibility, mobility and self-esteem with a supportive environment that maximises the person’s wellbeing
- Monthly community based groups that offer trips to local and surrounding areas to help develop and maintain social networks
- Pop up programs based on client interest that have previously included Market Makers, Movie Programs, Card and Craft Making, Bowling and Recorder Lessons
- Special Interest groups that run weekly include Morton Sewing group, Morton card making and scrapbooking group, Morton Art group, Melton Library group and Morton and Melton Shopping program.
Accessing these services
Residents need to be referred and have an assessment for the above services.
- For older people 65 years or older (50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person) who need assistance with daily living to remain living independently at home and in the community, referrals are made via My Aged Care or 1800 200 422 or via My Aged Care/referral.
- For people under 65 living with a permanent disability please contact the Service Access Officer on 9747 7200.
- For Personal Alarms Victoria please contact the Service Access Officer on 9747 7200.