Morton Homestead Play Space
The development of Morton Homestead Reserve services the local community and users of the Taylors Hill Men's Shed and Morton Homestead.
Upgrades to the Reserve are intended to encourage a range of active and passive play, social gathering, connection and interaction, and recreation activities catering to a diverse demographic.
Since the project's inception, the design of Morton Homestead Reserve has undergone extensive consultation with the community and local user groups to ensure the delivery of a safe, functional and beautiful space.
Construction commenced in September 2019 and the park is now opened to the public. The opening ceremony was held on 17 February 2020.
The following key features have been delivered:
- shelter with BBQ facilities
- picnic tables with chess boards
- casual seating throughout the reserve
- early and advanced play spaces
- nature play areas and sand pit
- fitness area with exercise equipment
- drinking fountain with dog bowl
- concrete and compacted gravel footpaths
- garden beds
- planter boxes
- expansive grass area
- new tree planting
The upgrade of Morton Homestead Reserve is a jointly funded project between Melton City Council and the Victorian Government.
7 Morton Boulevard, Taylors Hill 3037 View Map