Bill Cahill Reserve
Bill Cahill Reserve is 2.2 hectare park that is currently being redeveloped. It will improve connections to the existing park making it a central meeting point for the local community and provide more opportunities for play and recreation for all ages and abilities.
The new design has been created with input from local community members and residents. It will feature:
- Picnic facilities, including a shelter, barbeque and picnic tables
- Natural play features, including a grass mound, log climbers and stump steppers
- A play tower with rope climbing and slides
- Swings that are accessible and include a toddler seat
- A half basketball court
- Senior citizen friendly Fitness station
- An abundance of trees to provide natural shade in time
Construction commenced in November 2018 and is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2019.
The reserve will be closed during construction to maintain public safety and to complete construction as quickly as possible. Council will do everything possible to minimise impact.
Consultation with the community was held on the 24 March for feedback and ideas on the master plan. A summary report and the master plan is available below.
The Bill Cahill Reserve Upgrade was supported by the Victorian Government.
57A Hume Avenue, Melton South 3337 View Map