Fencing information for registered owners
Obtain contact details for adjacent land owners using the Fencing Request Form (for registered owners only).
Fencing Request Form(PDF, 112KB)
Fencing Request Form(DOC, 602KB)
If you are having difficulties or disputes with your boundary fencing between neighbours, contact the Disputes Settlement Centre of Victoria on 1300 372 888 or visit Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria.
Half Cost Fencing (for fences dividing Council land and private property)
Council is willing to contribute towards the cost for a replacement or repair of an existing boundary fence adjacent to an open space reserve, provided the following conditions have been met. The Half Cost Fencing Scheme is not for the construction of a new fence in new estates, but for the replacement of existing fencing.
- Posts must be unseasoned hardwood (not treated pine). Rails are preferred to be hardwood, but can be good quality treated pine (egCCA treated pine).
- Wooden fence must not exceed (any extra height will be at the owner’s costs).
- Any alternative materials (such as COLORBOND) will be at the owner’s expense.
- Road reserves (such as nature strips) are not included in the half-cost fencing policy.
- Tree reserves less than 2 metres in width where directly adjacent to a road reserve or property frontage are not included in the half-cost fencing policy.
- Demolition and removal of existing fence must be performed by the fencing contractor.
- Council does not permit the installation of any gates or gateways as a personal and private access point into a public reserve.
- Proof of public liability insurance must be produced from the fencing contractor prior to any commencement of any works.
Council requires 2 quotes for assessment and will inspect the property before entering into an agreement and on completion of the fence. Council inspectors can also inspect the progress of the fencing construction, especially if there are any problems or inconsistencies with quotes.
You are only required to pay your half of the fencing quote and Council will need a tax invoice from the fencing contractor in order to make the agreed payment.
If you have any questions, please contact our Road Asset Technical Officer on 9747 7200.