Freedom of information
Melton City Council is required to make a wide range of documents available for public inspection. While every attempt is made to provide the documents you request, the Freedom of Information Act does have some limits on access. The Freedom of Information Part II Statement sets out the type of information that Council has in its possession and how you can access this information.
Freedom of Information Part II Statement(PDF, 1MB)
Requests to access or correct Council's records of your personal information can also be made via the Freedom of Information process.
More information on privacy policies and acts.
Requests for access to information must be made in writing to Council's Freedom of Information Officer.
To make a request:
- Complete an application form:
Download and complete form to request documents(DOC, 66KB)
Download and complete form to request documents(PDF, 85KB)
- Include a non-refundable application fee of $29.60 or evidence that shows that you qualify to have the application fee waived, such as a copy of your concession card.
- Submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Submit in person during normal opening hours at the Melton Civic Centre, 232 High Street, Melton or Caroline Springs Civic Centre/Library, 193-201 Caroline Springs Boulevard, Caroline Springs or
- Mail to Melton City Council, PO Box 21, Melton 3337
If you believe that you should not pay the fee, please include the reasons why with your application. Further charges may be imposed which recoup in part the cost of accessing the information and the Council officers’ time in providing such information.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, Council has 30 days to make a decision on your Freedom of Information request.
If you have any further enquiries about Freedom of Information contact us via email: email@example.com or call 9747 7200.