When: Saturday 18 November 2017
Time: 11am Community Street Parade
12pm – 10pm Festival Program
Location: Melton Recreation Reserve, Reserve Road, Melton
Djerriwarrh Festival has been traditionally held on the second Saturday in November. This year however, the second Saturday falls upon the 11th of the month – Remembrance Day. This day is universally associated with the remembrance of the millions who died in World War I. It marks the date in 1918 when fighting on the Western Front ceased, the Germans having called for an armistice which resulted in unconditional surrender.
Appropriately, having engaged with local RSL sub-branches, Djerriwarrh Festival will move from November 11, 2017 to November 18, 2017. Future years are anticipated to return to the traditional timing of the second Saturday in November.
In 2017, the Djerriwarrh Festival will be in its 38th year. The Festival continues to be the highlight of the Melton City community each year, with over 30,000 people set to enjoy the full program of entertainment and activities.
Our bustling program includes:
- a Vibrant Community street parade
- a bustling market village with over seventy stalls
- the Lions club carnival rides and amusements
- activities for all ages in the Get Active, Youth, Intercultural and Community Expos
- demonstrations and all things pet related in the Pet Expo
- Community Showcase Ring
- gourmet food bizarre
- a HUGE main stage line up
- a mighty impressive fireworks finale!
Applications are now being accepted for the following:
- Food Vendors
- Market Stalls
- Expo and Community Stalls
- Street Parade (coming soon)
You can find the applications here
Be sure to like us on Facebook to be the first in the know about the 2017 Djerriwarrh Festival!
Please contact the Events and Culture team on 9747 7200 or via email to email@example.com with any further queries you may have.