Family Day Care
Family Day Care is home-based care in an Educators home to small groups of children and allows for individualised and educational care.
Melton City Council’s Family Day Care:
- is approved by the Australian Government and eligible for child care subsidy
- has achieved an overall rating of Meeting National Quality Standard
- is licensed by the State Government
Apply now for Family Day Care
Family Day Care provides:
- quality care for preschool and primary school aged children in the homes of Family Day Care Educators
- care through a network of approved Family Day Care Educators, who are recruited, supported and monitored by a team of professional staff known as the Coordination Unit
- a safe, secure and stimulating educational home environment, with care being provided for small groups of children in the Educator’s home
- a flexible program offering full time, part time, casual, before and after school, school holiday, weekend and over night care depending on the availability of Educators.
Priority of access to Family Day Care is given to children with parents who are working, studying or seeking work.
Dependant on vacancies, Family Day Care can be provided for non standard hours of care, i.e. evenings, overnights, some weekends, for work related reasons. It may also be possible to provide kindergarten/school pick up and drop off, dependent on vacancies and the availability of car seat restraint space.
Find out more about Family Day Care.
Family Day Care Fees
Fees are approved by Melton City Council and currently range between $8.70 and $11.45 per hour per child, for booked care Monday to Friday.
Families may be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy to help meet the cost of childcare. For information on Child Care Subsidy go to www.centrelink.gov.au.
Melton City Council Family Day Care currently has education and care places available.
For more information:
Become a Family Day Care Educator