Within the City of Melton there are 44 kilometres of arterial roads which are controlled by VicRoads.
VicRoads is responsible for the management and funding of these roads, except where control is given to Council through a Memorandum of Understanding. Council is responsible for service roads and footpaths on VicRoads controlled arterial roads as they are considered for use by local residents.
The Roads which are controlled by VicRoads (inclusive of intersections) are:
- Diggers Rest Coimadai Road
- Vineyard Road
- Gap Road
- Coburns Road (Between Western Freeway and High Street)
- High Street (Between Melton Highway and Coburns Road)
- Hopkins Road
- Federation Drive
- Gisborne Melton Road
- Western Freeway (including all local road overpasses i.e Ferris Road, Leakes Road and Coburns Road)
- Calder Freeway
- Melton Highway
- Christies Road (Between Caroline Springs Train Station and Ballarat Road)
Melton City Council advocates to Federal and State Government on a range of issues, including improving roads. You can read about our advocacy for improved transport needs on our Advocacy page and Moving Melton website.
Map of arterial roads
View a map of arterial roads within the City of Melton that are funded and controlled by State and Federal Governments.
Open the map in full screen