Extension of time for a Planning Permit
A permit holder can request an extension of time:
- before or within 6 months after the permit expiry date, where the use or development allowed by the permit has not yet started; and
- within 12 months after the permit expiry date, where the development allowed by the permit has lawfully started before the permit expires.
If a request is made out of time, the responsible authority cannot consider the request and the permit holder will not be able to apply to VCAT for a review of the matter.
To help us when considering your request, you need to fill out the planning permit extension of time application form(DOC, 248KB) and pay the relevant fee.
The extension of time form can be lodged by post, fax, email or in person, details below:
- in person at the Planning Counter, Melton Civic Centre, 232 High Street Melton
- mail - PO Box 21 MELTON VIC 3337
- fax - 03 9743 9970
- email - email@example.com