Are you interested in developing new parenting strategies? Are you having trouble with your children's behaviour?
Council runs several parenting programs in partnership with other organisations.
1,2,3 Magic and Emotion Coaching
Melton City Council Family Services runs the 1,2,3 Magic Program at Botanica Springs Community room in Melton.
The 1,2,3 Magic program aims to teach parents how to deal with their children's difficult behaviour by using an easy-to-learn and easy-to-use signalling system.
It supports parents in:
- handling challenging and testing behaviours
- choosing a strategy using the three choice model
- using emotion coaching to encourage good behaviour.
This program is free and is suitable for parents with children aged from 2-12 years.
For more information and bookings, please contact Helen Groat on 9747 7200 or via email: email@example.com.
Tuning Into Kids
A parenting program for parents of children aged 3-10 years.
For many parents, connecting with children during emotional moments can be the most rewarding but also the most challenging part of parenting.
This program assists parents to better understand emotional intelligence and how they can use emotion coaching to help their children:
- understand and manage their emotions
- improve behaviour, concentration and resilience
- develop positive and lasting relationships
This program runs at various times through the year. For more information on all parenting programs, contact our Family Services on 9747 7200 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Makes 3
As part of the Maternal and Child Health New Parent Group program, parents are offered the opportunity to link in with the Baby Makes 3 Program.
Baby Makes 3 is an evidence-based program that promotes healthy relationships among new parents. The goal of Baby Makes 3 is to promote equal and respectful relationships between men and women during the transition to parenthood. Baby Makes 3 is a group program that runs in the evening over three weeks and encourages both care-givers to attend.
Baby Makes 3 covers topics including:
- Sustaining healthy relationships
- Dealing with conflict
- Maintaining healthy communication
- Transition to parenthood
For information please contact MCH on 9747 7287 or email@example.com
Other organisations that can help with parenting:
- Child First - 1300 138 180
- Melton Health's Adolescent and Young Adult Program - 8746 1100
- Royal Children's Hospital Mental Health Service - 1800 44 5511