Are you interested in developing new parenting strategies? Are you having trouble with your children's behaviour?
Council runs several parenting programs in partnership with other organisations.
Maternal and Child Health Service
Melton City Council Maternal and Child Health Service offers a range of parenting support services and programs including:
- Breastfeeding support
- New Parent Groups
- Sleep and Settling programs
Visit our Maternal and Child Health webpage for more information.
Melton City Council Family Services (MCCFS) delivers an Integrated Family Support Program that provides case-management support to families with children from 0 to 17 years old, including children with additional needs, living in the City of Melton.
The service works in partnership with families to identify individual goals and strategies. Some of the supports include:
- Assessing family’s health and support needs
- Support with parenting skills and understanding of child development
- Assistance with children’s behaviours and managing stress
- Provision of information and support to access other community services or resources
- Developing strategies and skills to strengthen family communication
- Helping develop positive relationships with schools and other services.
Referral to Family Support is via a centralised assessment service, Child FIRST | MacKillop Family Services - 1300 138 180. Please contact Child First to complete an assessment, and to learn about other possible referral pathways for support.
Other organisations that can help with parenting:
- Child First - 1300 138 180
- Melton Health's Adolescent and Young Adult Program - 8746 1100
- Royal Children's Hospital Mental Health Service - 1800 44 5511