Safe City Advisory Committee
The City of Melton Safe City Advisory Committee (SCAC) has been established to enhance road and community safety in the City of Melton through a whole-of-community collaborative approach.
In particular the Committee:
- supports the implementation and evaluation of the Safe City, Proud Communities Plan 2020-2024
- provides advice and recommendations in the development of strategies and activities that promote a safe, connected, cohesive and resilient community
- shares information and identifies issues that may impact or influence safety, wellbeing and community cohesion in the City of Melton
- contributes to the planning and delivery of local initiatives aimed at strengthening road and community safety at the individual, environmental and societal levels
- contributes to and share information from local, regional and state wide community, road and safety networks.
The committee is coordinated and administered by Melton City Council, and includes twenty three positions.
For more information on the Safe City Advisory Committee, contact our Road and Community Safety Officer on 9747 7200.