You must apply in writing to have an infringement notice reviewed. Please note each infringement notice can only be reviewed once.
To request an internal review of an infringement notice submit an application for an internal review(PDF, 114KB) or send a letter to the Melton City Council requesting an infringement notice to be internally reviewed.
You must provide all of the following information in the letter:
- name and postal address
- infringement notice number
- offence as stated on the infringement notice
- car registration, if applicable
- an explanation of why you believe the infringement notice should be reviewed
- any supporting evidence you think is relevant to the review
Submit your application or letter
- in person:
Melton Civic Centre: 232 High Street
Caroline Springs Civic Centre: 193 Caroline Sprigs Boulevard
Melton Library and Learning Hub: 31 McKenzie Street
- by mail to:
Infringement Review Team
Melton City Council
PO Box 21
Melton Vic 3337
- by email:
email@example.com (make sure your email is less than 10mb)
Applications by an authorised Third party
A person who has been issued with an infringement fine can authorise a third party to apply for an internal review on their behalf.
Who can an applicant authorise?
An authorised third party must be over 18 years of age. An Applicant does not need to authorise another person if:
- the person acting on the applicant's behalf is their lawyer, or
- the person has a power of attorney, which is current and covers making decisions in relation to infringement matters.
There is a section within the 'Application for Internal Review' form for a third party to complete on behalf of the person named on the infringement.
The internal review process can take up to 90 days (or longer if additional information is required). Please do not pay the infringement notice during this period.
Council will contact you if the infringement notice has been withdrawn or if the matter will proceed.
Failure to pay or provide requested additional information could result in further costs.