Melton Botanic Garden
The Melton Botanic Garden is a beautiful and educational place to visit. It is developed and maintained by dedicated volunteers known as Friends of the Melton Botanic Garden.
Walk, scoot or bike ride around the Botanic Trail that laps around the lake, have a BBQ and enjoy the diverse flora and fauna.
The Melton Botanic Garden:
- features plants from other parts of the world with similar climatic conditions
- won a 'Keep Victoria Beautiful Award' in 2019 for the Island as a Bird Sanctuary Project
- provides habitat for a diverse range of wildlife, particularly birds, reptiles and insects
- has various trails, including the mini beast trail
- features a nationally registered collection of dryland eucalypts (over 100 species)
- permits dogs on a lead
- has an amphitheatre available for events
- works with Melton Girl Guides who have received a junior landcare grant to revegetate along Ryans Creek and around the lake, they commenced on National Tree Day
- has a nursery; you can buy plants for your own garden that are showcased in the Melton Botanic Garden.
You can find the Friends of Melton Botanic Garden on Facebook and Instagram.
Tullidge St, Melton 3337 View Map