City of Melton Economic Profile
View the Melton Economic Development Profile.
The City of Melton is one of Australia’s fastest growing municipalities with a current annual population growth of 4%. City of Melton’s Gross Regional Product (GRP) is estimated at $2.552 billion which represents 8.61% of Melbourne’s Gross Regional Product (GRP) of $29.656 billion and 0.73% of Victoria’s Gross State Product (GSP) of $350.343 billion.
In 2017, 11 new suburb names were announced within the municipality that will be required to accommodate the anticipated population growth.
- Over 6,330 businesses registered and operating in the City of Melton
- 27.8% of Melton businesses employ 1 to 4 people
- Of the 39,887 hectares designated in the Urban Growth Zones around Melbourne the highest number is allocated to the City of Melton (over 10,000Ha)
- One of the youngest municipalities with the median age of residents sitting at 32 years
- 43 babies are born each week with more than 70% of the population under 49 years of age
- High rate of people born overseas representing more than 100 nations speaking over 130 different languages
If you would like to learn more about employment and economic trends within the municipality visit economicprofile.com.au/melton or view the Venture Melton Prospectus.