Youth Grants & Awards
Young Communities Grants
Melton City Council Youth Services supports the goals of young people aged 12-25 within the municipality through the annual City of Melton Young Communities Grants Program.
Applications for Young Communities Grants are open annually in January-February.
Ensure you read the Young Communities Grants Guidelines(PDF, 135KB) before applying.
Grants are available for individuals up to $500 in these categories: Arts, Sports, Social Civic Responsibility, Leadership and Environmental & Sustainability.
Grants are available for community groups/organisations/schools up to $5000 for projects addressing the issues faced by young people.
City of Melton Youth Awards
We are keen to recognise the positive contribution that young people make to our community. The City of Melton 2020 Youth Awards will recognise special achievements by our youth throughout the year.
Applications for Youth Awards are open annually in January-February.
The City of Melton Youth Awards categories are:
- Being connected
- Being heard
- Being inclusive
- Being all you can be
- Being happy and healthy
- Nominees must be aged 12 to 25 years.
- Nominees must live, work or attend school in the City of Melton.
- Nominators must NOT be related to the young person they are nominating.
- Nominees can be entered in more than one category for separate contributions. A separate entry form must be completed for each category.
- Nominees must agree to the nomination and attend the Awards ceremony.
For more information on Youth Grants and Awards, contact Young Communities on 9747 5373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.