Reconciliation Advisory Committee (RAC)
The Reconciliation Advisory Committee (RAC) has been established to work together with the City of Melton community to support the Reconciliation process between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian’s for the benefit of all.
The RAC work together with its communities to support an inclusive City of Melton, which acknowledges the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders within the municipality.
The RAC meets every two months to provide advice to Council on:
- the implementation of Council's Reconciliation Policy
- the development of Annual Reconciliation Action Plans
- overcoming barriers to reconciliation, and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community priorities.
The RAC is chaired by a Councillor and consists of representatives of:
- the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community (x6)
- Registered Aboriginal Parties (x3)
- Kirrip Aboriginal Corporation (x1)
- Melton City Council's Community Planning team (x2)
If you would like to find out more about RAC or get a local Reconciliation initiative going, please contact our Aboriginal Community Engagement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9747 7200.