Fire prevention and management
For all current emergencies and warnings in your area, visit VicEmergency.
Download the VicEmergency app on the Apple App Store or Google Play
Fire warnings and updates
- Warnings are issued when a fire has started and you need to take action.
- Make sure you understand the three levels of warnings and what they mean - Advice, Watch and Act and Emergency Warning.
- Don’t expect warnings to be issued in any particular order. The first warning you hear about could be an Emergency Warning.
- You should never wait to receive an official warning before you leave. Bushfires can start quickly and threaten homes and lives within minutes.
- Always use more than one source for warnings. Go to VicEmergency, download the VicEmergency App, listen to local radio or ring the VicEmergency Information Line on 1800 226 226.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment, contact the emergency numbers through the National Relay Service.
- TTY users phone 106 then ask for 000 or 1800 226 226
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 000 or 1800 226 226
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 000 or 1800 226 226
- For life threatening emergencies call 000