Community leadership program
This program is intended for existing, new and emerging leaders of community groups within the City of Melton, providing specialist training to enhance leadership skills and create networks.
Program sessions are conducted at various locations within the City of Melton.
This program is funded by Melton City Council.
Expression of Interest for 2022 closed Wednesday 26 January 2022.
Participants are selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Commitment to developing your own, and other peoples, leadership in the community
- Demonstrated leadership experience in our community
- Demonstrated participation and engagement in community life
- Commitment to the mission of Melton City Council to Support the growth, wellbeing and aspirations of our community through leadership, excellence and inclusion.
- Active commitment to enhancing the lives of the City of Melton community
In addition to this, the selection panel will seek to ensure:
- Geographical representation from across the City of Melton
- A range of cultural backgrounds and ages
- Diversity of personal experiences
The program includes facilitated skills workshops on:
- Leadership - group dynamics, leadership theory, personal and community leadership
- Communication - communication skills, networking, public speaking
- Community capacity - local resources, networking, working with volunteers
- Understanding Government – responsibilities of Government, working effectively with Council
- Leading Change – Good Governance, decision making, goal setting, reflection process.