Community leadership program
This program is intended for leaders of community groups within the City of Melton, providing specialist training to enhance leadership skills and create networks.
Applications closed on Sunday 5 May. The project team will review the applications and successful applicants will be notified by Friday 10 May.
Program sessions will be conducted in various locations within the City of Melton and is being funded by Melton City Council, so there is no program fee for participants. There are up to 25 program places available and applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Participants will be selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Commitment to developing your own, and other peoples, leadership in the community
- Demonstrated leadership experience in our community
- Demonstrated participation and engagement in community life
- Commitment to the mission of Melton City Council to Support the growth, wellbeing and aspirations of our community through leadership, excellence and inclusion.
- Active commitment to enhancing the lives of the City of Melton community
In addition to this, the selection panel will seek to ensure:
- Geographical representation from across the City of Melton
- A range of cultural backgrounds and ages
- Diversity of personal experiences
The program will include facilitated skills workshops on:
- Leadership - group dynamics, leadership theory, personal and community leadership
- Communication - communication skills, networking, public speaking
- Community capacity - local resources, networking, working with volunteers
- Understanding Government – responsibilities of Government, working effectively with RCW
- Leading Change – Good Governance, decision making, goal setting, reflection process
Full program details will be provided on acceptance of a program place.