Community leadership program
This program is intended for existing, new and emerging leaders of community groups within the City of Melton, providing specialist training to enhance leadership skills and create networks.
The program will commence on 16 February and conclude 10 April. Program sessions will be conducted at various locations within the City of Melton, and will include six Saturday sessions conducted from 9am - 6pm (subject to change due to COVID-19 situation).
This program is being funded by Melton City Council, there will be no fee for participants. There are up to 30 program places available.
Expression of Interest closed Sunday 17 January 2021.
Participants will be selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Commitment to developing your own, and other peoples, leadership in the community
- Demonstrated leadership experience in our community
- Demonstrated participation and engagement in community life
- Commitment to the mission of Melton City Council to Support the growth, wellbeing and aspirations of our community through leadership, excellence and inclusion.
- Active commitment to enhancing the lives of the City of Melton community
In addition to this, the selection panel will seek to ensure:
- Geographical representation from across the City of Melton
- A range of cultural backgrounds and ages
- Diversity of personal experiences
The program will include facilitated skills workshops on:
- Leadership - group dynamics, leadership theory, personal and community leadership
- Communication - communication skills, networking, public speaking
- Community capacity - local resources, networking, working with volunteers
- Understanding Government – responsibilities of Government, working effectively with Council
- Leading Change – Good Governance, decision making, goal setting, reflection process
Full program details will be provided on acceptance of a program place.