Council recognises the contributions of community groups, clubs and organisations in making our City a thriving community where everyone belongs. At times, these groups seek financial support from Council to enable a better response to local needs.
Are you eligible to apply?
There are several key requirements that must be satisfied to be eligible to apply for one of our grants. Please read the relevant guideline documents in detail and confirm all eligibility requirements have been met. Some of the key requirements include:
- must be a registered not for profit organisation or have an auspice arrangement with a not for profit organisation
- hold at least $20m of public liability insurance
- project idea first discussed with the relevant project officer - (see current Officer Listing(PDF, 48KB))
- obtain formal quotes for budget line items greater than $250 (one quote) or more than $1000 (two quotes)
How do you apply for a grant?
- Visit Melton City Council Grant application website
- Select the grant you wish to apply for under the Current Rounds listing
- Select: Start a submission. You will be prompted to create a SmartyGrants account and login using those account details. Please note the 'before you begin' instructions.