Keep Victoria Beautiful - Sustainable Cities Awards
City of Melton was named Sustainable City of the Year and Sustainable Council of the Year at the 2018 Keep Victoria Beautiful awards, recognising the collaborative efforts of Council and community in protecting and enhancing local heritage and environment.
Below is a complete list of Melton City Council and community nominated projects that were named finalists, highly commended and winning projects at the 2018 Keep Victoria Beautiful awards:
- Church of Latter Day Saints and Melton Environment Group – winner – Clean Beach/Waterway (Community) Award – Rehabilitating Arnolds Creek
- Friends of Melton Botanic Garden – winner – Protection of the Environment (Community) Award – Creating an island habitat at the Melton Botanic Garden
- African Communities Working Group – winner – Community Action and Leadership (Community) Award – Promoting harmony and social cohesion through the African Communities Working Group
- Melton City Council – winner – Resource Recovery and Waste Management (Council) Award – Asphalt Recovery Program
- Melton City Council – highly commended – Litter/Graffiti (Council) Award – The Building Site Amenity Program
- Melton City Council – highly commended – Community Government Partnerships (Council) Award – Harmony Day, Intercultural/Interfaith Calendar and Community Partnerships Program
- Melton City Council – finalist – Protection of the Environment (Council) Award – Melton Botanic Trail project
- Melton City Council – finalist – Environmental Sustainability (Council) Award – The Environment Plan 2017-2027
- Melton City Council – finalist – Litter/Graffiti (Council) Award – The Summer of Street Art program
- Melton City Council – finalist – Cultural Heritage (Council) Award – The Pinkerton Time Capsule project
The Keep Victoria Beautiful awards are open to local government, utilities, businesses, community groups and individuals. Each year Melton City Council nominates a range of programs and activities for entry. For more information contact our Environment and Sustainability Team on 9747 7200.