Did you know?
That if every adult living in the City of Melton spent just $5 more a week at locally owned businesses rather than buying online or spending outside Melton then the flow on multiplier effect could see an additional $125 million* captured in the local economy each year.
This means more local jobs, better businesses and a more vibrant community to live in.
$125 million = 2080 full-time jobs
(based on the average Australian Salary of $60,000 per annum)
*Calculation is based on an adult population of 96,685 Melton Residents (2016 census) all spending an extra $5 a week at a locally owned business, multiplied by 5 which is the commonly recognised ‘local spend multiplier’.
Buy local 2019 competition
Buy local in the Melton Town Centre and win! We're giving away six hampers and all you need to do is upload a copy of your receipt from a participating business.
Click here to view form.
Terms and conditions:
By entering the Buy Local MTC Campaign (“the Promotion”) you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Melton City Council (MCC) of 232 High Street Melton, VIC 3337
- All the information on ‘how to enter’ forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the Promotion you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The promotion begins at 9:00 am AEST Monday 7 January 2019 and closes at 5pm AEST on Thursday 31 January 2019. Any entry that is not received during the Promotion Period will be invalid.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be regarded as ineligible and invalid entrants.
- MCC accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. MCC is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Employees of MCC and their immediate family members, associated agencies and/or companies in any way involved in the Promotion, are not valid entrants in the Promotion.
- Entrants can enter the Promotion as many times as they wish however each entry must include a unique receipt from the stores in the geographic area that has not been used in a previous entry.
- Only receipts from the stores on and bounded by Unitt Street, Palmerston Street, Smith Street and McKenzie Street qualify for the Promotion.
- There will be six winners selected from valid entries
- Winners will be drawn at random from the submitted entries at the close of the Promotion
- Winners will be notified by phone and email.
- The Winners must pick up their prizes from the designated Council venue by Friday 8 February 2019.. Once that time period has elapsed, the winners will be deemed to have forfeited their prize and MCC reserve its rights to select a new winner(s).
- In order to claim the prize, winners must provide proof of identity in order for MCC to reasonably identify the winner(s)
- Prize details: 6 hampers with a value of no less than $167 each.
- In all matters relating to the Promotion, all decisions of MCC and staff will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- Melton City Council values your privacy and is committed to the protection of any personal information that Council holds. Any information collected through this campaign will not be used or disclosed for any purpose other than the purpose of this transaction or contact made, unless such disclosure is authorised or required by law or other regulation. It will not be traded, sold, licensed or used for any commercial marketing purpose.
- In the event that you are the winner of the Promotion, you consent to the disclosure, publication and dissemination of your personal information, including your name and likeness, for the purposes of the Promotion, and MCC’s advertising and marketing purposes as part of the Promotion.
For more information on the 2019 Melton Buy Local competition contact our Economic Development team on 9747 7200 or email: email@example.com