Youth Mentoring Project
The Mentoring Project matches volunteers with young people experiencing social isolation and disconnection from family, education and/or employment. Mentors assist mentees in gaining a positive, trusting relationship with a caring adult who will help to build their self esteem, support them through current challenges and encourage them in future goals and aspirations.
Can I be a mentor?
You must be:
- over the age of 18
- friendly, relaxed and approachable
- able to spend 4-8 hours a month with a young person
- willing to complete the screening, training and assessment process before being matched.
What is the first step?
We welcome volunteer enquiries all year round. For more information, contact our Mentoring Project Worker on 9747 5373 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help a teenager or young adult build their confidence and self-esteem, and really make a difference in their life.
- Take a young person to the footy, go on a day trip or just meet up for a coffee and a chat - it’s up to you!
- And don’t worry if you’re stuck for ideas, we’ve got lots!
- All it takes is just a couple of hours a fortnight.
- Free training and support is provided.
- We will assist you to meet the legal requirements for working with young people.
Want more info?
Contact the Mentoring Project Worker on 9747 5373 or email: email@example.com.
If you're a young person aged 12 to 25 looking for a mentor, visit our Youth Mentoring Project webpage.