The Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve is highly valued by the local community and is presently the Diggers Rest townships sole recreational facility, servicing a range of sport, recreation and community groups.
In April 2017, Council commenced the development of a Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan to demonstrate a planned, staged and agreed vision for the site.
In developing an updated Master Plan, Council was able to identify future reserve development opportunities that are designed to address the current and future sporting club and community needs of Diggers Rest, as well as increasing activation of the reserve.
Five key master plan themes underpin the design direction of the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve -
- Facilities – provide fit for purpose community infrastructure and social amenities to support our growing and diverse community.
- Accessibility and site connectivity - Improve site attractiveness, safety, accessibility and connectivity in order to attract more visitation to the reserve.
- Community infrastructure and social amenity – provide infrastructure to support passive and informal recreational pursuits.
- Sports field provision and suitability – provide fit for purpose sporting infrastructure to meet the training and competition requirements for local level sport.
- Reserve and Facility Management - Maximise the opportunity for co-location and shared-use of facilities.
The Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan provides a set of future directions and recommendations for approximately 36 separate but interconnected improvement projects for the reserve.
Recommendations have been designed to provide sport, government and community stakeholders with a schedule of prioritised Reserve improvements, along with stakeholder responsibilities, estimated costs and potential funding opportunities.
The adoption of the Master Plan will provide a sound base for Council and the community to lobby the state and federal governments for funding assistance for proposed works.
It should be acknowledged that priorities can change and are based on funding availability. The presentation of new or unknown opportunities or changes in community demands can also alter priorities.
Download the Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve Master Plan(PDF, 4MB).
For further information contact our Recreation team on 9747 7200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.