Support services during Christmas holidays
Published on 20 December 2018
Christmas is a joyful time of year, but for many, it can also be a very difficult time. If you or your family is in need of assistance over this holiday break, here are contact details for some local emergency support services that may be able to help:
- Western Metro Homelessness Services Network: 1800 825 955 (free call except mobiles) for 24 hours a day housing support.
- Lifeline: 13 11 44 for 24 hours a day Crisis support and suicide prevention
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467 for 24/7 Crisis Counselling
- Safe Steps: 1800 015 188 for crisis support and information for women experiencing partner or ex-partner violence
- Women’s Health West: 9689 9588 for family violence information and support
- MensLine: 1300 789 978 for 24/7 help, support, referrals & counselling services for men
You can also contact Council's Family Services department on 9747 7200.