Nominate for a Community Achievement Award
Published on 08 August 2019
If you know someone who dedicates their time to making life better for others, then make sure you nominate them for a City of Melton Community Achievement Award.
Nominations are open to anyone who lives in the City of Melton as well as those outside the City who play a major role in the community.
You can nominate a community member or yourself in a choice of five categories, including Citizen of the Year, from now until Monday 2 September.
All nominees will be invited to a prestigious Awards Night in November, where winners will be announced and presented with awards.
“We really value those residents who go above and beyond to make our City an even better place to live,” City of Melton Mayor Cr Bob Turner said.
“I’m looking forward to learning more about the wonderful things people in our community are doing for others and the lasting, positive impact they’re having on the area.
“If there’s a person who you think makes a valuable contribution, is engaged with the community and is great role model, please take the time to tell us about them and what they’ve achieved.”
The Community Achievement Awards categories are:
- Citizen of the Year – recognising ongoing community leadership and involvement
- Gender Equity Leader of the Year – for community leadership, promotion of gender equality and commitment to advancing the status of women
- Young Citizen of the Year – for community leadership under 25 years old
- Access and Inclusion Leader of the Year – for commitment to improving the lives of people with a disability
- Intercultural Engagement Leader of the Year – for leadership that celebrates our diverse community
Nominees must be City of Melton residents whose contributions to the community have been voluntary or have exceeded the normal requirements of their paid work, or people who live outside the City but who play a major role in the Melton community.
Nominations close Monday 2 September at 5pm. To find out more and nominate, visit melton.vic.gov.au/CommunityAchievementAwards