Apply for a grant to boost your work in the community
Published on 05 February 2021
Groups, clubs and organisations whose projects benefit the City of Melton community are invited to apply for grants of up to $10,000.
Melton City Council’s Community Grants Program is designed to support activities that increase community participation, promote and develop local pride, provide services and facilities that strengthen local health and wellbeing, and promote community leadership.
The grants are open for applications in the following categories:
- Community Project (up to $10,000): to support projects and initiatives that benefit the community
- Entry-Level (up to $2,000): for groups with little experience of grants and/or community projects
- The Club Caroline Springs Grants Community Project (up to $10,000): to support projects and initiatives that benefit the community
- The Club Caroline Springs Grants Entry-Level (up to $2,000): for groups with little experience of grants and/or community projects
- Responsive Grants (up to $2,000): for projects that require fast response to meet emerging community needs
- Establishment Grants (up to $1,500): support towards establishment costs for new community organisations, clubs and groups
- Resident Achievement Contributions (up to $750): to support individual residents to participate in sporting, community, cultural or arts events at a higher than normal level
- COVID-19 Grants (up to $5,000): for groups providing emergency relief and support to meet immediate, basic needs of vulnerable community members impacted by COVID-19
City of Melton Mayor Cr Kathy Majdlik said she looked forward to supporting those groups who make significant contributions to the community.
“The events of the past year have particularly highlighted the value that local clubs, organisations and individuals contribute to our city. Their work in bringing residents together and supporting their wellbeing is a big part of what makes our city a wonderful place to live, work and play,” Cr Majdlik said.
“As a council, we want to do what we can to support people to continue such positive work.
“If you’re part of a group, club or organisation that helps deliver great outcomes for local residents and our city, then please apply for a grant.”
Applications close Sunday 28 February.
Grants writing and information workshops will be held online and at Caroline Springs Library and Melton Library throughout February.
For details including registering for workshops, further assistance and applications, visit melton.vic.gov.au/grants